Full time position opening at CVT Vascular Lab in Baton Rouge, LA
RVT or RVS Registry eligible (required within 1 year of hire)
Ultrasound experience is preferred. New graduates will also be considered.
Independently operate equipment to complete imaging procedure according to protocols
We are currently looking for an self-motivated, ambitious full time Vascular Tech to become a part of our team. What we look for with new hires is that they demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, perform high quality ultrasound procedures, focus on patient care and education eagerness.
Each team member at CVT vascular lab supports and helps achieve departmental goals for the lab on a day to day basis.
The CVT vascular Lab is diverse in the aspect of ultrasound locations. We have Main office outpatient clinic, several outlying outpatient clinics, some mobile (where we go out for stat exams at other facilities)
We have limited call opportunity that you sign up for when best fits your schedule. We do strongly expect that you at least take a day or two a month once you are fully trained.
We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What You Will Do In This Role
- Performs non-invasive hemodynamic evaluations.
- Perform vascular ultrasonic procedures as directed by physicians.
- Explaining procedures to patients to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Positioning patients and selecting the appropriate transducer
- Performs exams properly and in a timely manner
- Takes patient history and retrieves previous files
- Perform other duties as required
- Effectively plans, organizes, and displays good judgment and decision making.
- Maintains professional development and required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training, and credentials.